Your Air Duct Cleaning Expert In Mesquite
When it comes to being smart with HVAC, air duct cleaning is one of the best investments you can make. As time goes on, the walls of your AC or furnace system become covered in layers of dust and allergens. These not only lead to discomfort for people breathing the air but can also put an undue burden on your HVAC systems. This can lead to early system failure and a lot of headaches.
Fortunately—if you live in Mesquite, Dallas, or Dallas—you have a duct cleaning expert in your backyard. Read on for more information about the services we provide and the benefits of taking a brush to your ventilation.
Air Duct Cleaning Statistics
Indoor air quality is a big problem in the 21st century both here and abroad. As homes become better sealed against the elements, the importance of having clean air inside your home increases. Without even knowing, your air duct system could be contaminated with particulates that are harmful to you and your family. Each time the HVAC system turns on, it can circulate dust, dust mites, animal dander, pollen, and bacteria throughout the air inside your home. Below are a few statistics that help drive home the IAQ crisis that people in Mesquite and other parts of the world face:
The EPA has ranked indoor air quality as one of the top 5 environmental risks to public health.
According to Total Health and Better Health magazine, 1 out of 4 people who suffer from allergies, do so, due to the fungi and bacteria in the air duct system.
Indoor air is 2-5 times dirtier than outdoor air.
The Benefits of Duct Cleaning in Mesquite
- Less Dusting: After just a few hours of stagnancy, dust starts to settle in your ductwork. When you turn on your furnace or AC, however, it doesn’t stay put for long. Instead, it’s spat out into your living area and sticks to your floor, furniture, and other surfaces. When you get your ducts cleaned, that’s less likely to happen. So, that feather duster can stay in the drawer and your home can pass the white glove test a little longer.
- Relief for Allergy Sufferers: More than 50 million Americans have allergies. A good portion of them owe their suffering to the mold and fungi living in their ventilation systems. When you properly clean your ducts, these triggering substances are hauled away. Which means less itchy eyes and fewer sneezing fits. Our service also gets rid of irritants that cause coughing in the non-compromised.
- Removal of Smells and Odors: Every house has a smell. Maybe yours is a mix of watercolor paint and fabric softener. In many homes, however, it’s not a pleasant scent. Pet odors, paint fumes, hints of mildew, and tobacco smoke can settle into your home and your ducts lingering for months on end. A professional duct cleaning can help remove these odors for good and leave you with a fresher, healthier home.
- Lower HVAC Bills: Dust and grime can obstruct your home’s air supply ducts and make your furnace or air conditioning less efficient. When dust is high, your HVAC equipment has to work harder to get air when and where you need it. By cleaning your system, you’re helping it run better and longer. This means more money in your pocket and less wasted on bills.
Our Duct Cleaning Process
- Baseline Setting: One of our HVAC technicians will open a duct to determine how much and what type of cleaning is needed. This sometimes means drilling holes in your ductwork, but those will be patched up before they leave. While inspecting your system, they’ll keep an eye out for leaks or cracks that may impact the efficiency of your heating or cooling systems. At this time, we can show you a video of the inside of your ducts.
- Vacuuming: Now that they’ve confirmed there’s a need for our Mesquite-area duct cleaning services, our technician will insert an industrial-level vacuum into your ductwork. Because of its size, this vacuum is usually attached to a van or truck. Though, certain handheld vacuums have been found to be just as effective. This will suck up any loose particles and simplify Step 3.
- Brushing Time: Brushing Time: Motorized or manual brushes will be inserted into your ductwork. These clean the interior of your pipes, knocking loose clumps of dirt and other debris. Like in Step 1, this may sometimes mean cutting small holes into your ductwork. Again, there’s no reason to worry. Kirk Air Conditioning & Heating’s technicians will patch everything up before he or she departs.
- Loose Debris: Your vents will be vacuumed again to clear out any debris loosened in Step 3.
- Clean Your Unit: Your HVAC equipment will be cleaned of any dust or dirt. This will prevent anything kicked up during the process from falling back into your home’s ventilation system.
- Seal It Back Up: Our technician will clean your vent covers and registers before screwing them back on and closing everything back up.
Signs You Need Your Air Ducts Cleaned
Not sure you need somebody to take a look at your ducts? Keep your eyes out for the signs of a dirty ventilation systems:
- Dirty Filters: If your filter isn’t lasting as long as the box says it should—or you’ve forgotten to change it for a few months—it might be time to schedule a duct cleaning.
- Visible Dust: Kneel next to one of your registers and wipe it with a damp rag or cloth. Is it dirty? Can you see dust bunnies coming out of it on a sunny day? This is another sign it’s time to call a professional.
- Time Since Last Cleaning: Has it been more than five years since your ducts were cleaned? If that’s the case, it’s time to call Kirk Air Conditioning & Heating and give your ventilation system some T.L.C.
- Mildew and Mold Growth: If you spot mildew or mold growing around your vents or clinging to the bottom of your registers, that’s a pretty clear sign you need a duct cleaning. If just cleaning doesn’t work, we offer microbial fogs that can kill mold and mildew for good.
- Scary Sounds: Your ductwork shouldn’t go bump in the night. Unusual noises in your ventilation can be a sign that there’s a clog that needs clearing.
Trust Kirk Air Conditioning & Heating With Your Air Duct Cleaning in Mesquite
Our highly skilled team at Kirk Air Conditioning & Heating has been cleaning ducts for people in Mesquite since 1964. That means that we know what we’re doing and aren’t just some fly-by-night company trying to make a quick buck off your family. To schedule your duct cleaning, give us a call at Kirk Air Conditioning & Heating. Alternatively, you can explore our other indoor air quality options for more permanent, long-lasting solutions to stale or dirty air.
Air Duct Cleaning FAQs
How Long Will It Take For Kirk to Clean My Ducts? It typically takes between three and five hours to clean ducts from start to finish. This number is about the average we see for a home with around 15 registers. Depending on the number of technicians present and the state of your HVAC systems, this time can vary widely. If time is of concern, let our technician know when he or she arrives.
Is There Anything I Should Avoid When Picking a Duct Cleaning Company? You might be tempted to jump on board one of those $99 house cleaning specials, but we advise you against it. These too-good-to-be-true prices are often indicative of low-quality work and serve as a wedge to peddle other low-cost, unnecessary services. When they leave, your ducts are not likely to be any cleaner.